It is a fact of life that as you get older your hearing may deteriorate. It often happens slowly so you may not even be aware of it. You can organise a simple hearing test with our Hearing Aid Audiologists. At Yates & Suddell we offer value for money to all our customers and our hearing service which has been an integral part of what we do for over 40 years.
During the initial consultation we will discuss all areas which present you with difficulties in day to day life and we look at any related medical and health factors. We consider your general lifestyle and your specific needs. Following the hearing assessment we will recommend the best solution for you.
Free Hearing Assessment
- Full examination of the outer ears, ear canals and eardrums.
- Audiometric assessment to establish your hearing threshold and at what level you can hear across a frequency range.
- Results and findings are explained simply. We recommend hearing instruments if needed based on a number of considerations including
- The type of hearing loss exhibited
- Lifestyle e.g. the instrument may need to cope with a number of difficult listening situations
- Cosmetic appearance
Hearing aid prices can vary and reflect the difference in features, design and performance. During your hearing test you will be able to discuss your hearing needs with your audiologist. The type of loss you have coupled with your lifestyle and specific requirements will help govern the cost of the hearing aid.
Digital Value Range
Our Digital Value Collection represents an affordable quality solution to your hearing needs and great value for money. With prices from just £350 our Digital Value Collection offers great value and
comes complete with a two year guarantee. We can supply hearing aids from all of the world's leading manufacturers such as Widex, Siemens, G N Resound, Phonak, Unitron and Starkey. Also ask us about the new tiny NANO virtually invisible hearing aid and Open Ear Fitting technology.
The Premium range represents the cutting edge in modern digital hearing aid technology and can be tailored to your lifestyle more precisely. Features on some of our Premium Range include the ability to stream sound from your iPhone or iPad directly to the aid, while Surflink technology allows you to stream sound from any Bluetooth device as well as giving hands free capability when using a mobile phone.
- Our hearing aids are programmed by computers to individual hearing prescription.
- Our Registered Hearing Aid Audiologist will perform a full demonstration in the use and care of the instrument.
- You will be given full advice and counselling on what to expect in the coming days.
Free follow-up assessment
Within 2-3 weeks we will see you again to discuss progress, give support and advice, and if necessary make fine tuning adjustments to your instruments.
We encourage all our patients to contact us ANYTIME with any questions, queries or advice without charge. It is important to us that you are getting the most out of your hearing instruments.
- We like to see all patients at least twice per year to check their ear health and their hearing aids' performance.
- General clean and check of the instruments.
- Further hearing assessment and reprogramming of the instruments if required.
Wax removal service
At Yates & Suddell we specialise in the micro suction technique of removing ear blockages. This is generally accepted to be the safest and most effective method of wax removal. It is completely syringe free with no need for weeks of softening with oil, with the procedure only taking a few minutes for each ear. Wax removal is priced at just £40 for one ear, £60 for both.
All brands repair service
Whether you purchased your hearing aid from us or not we will endeavour to repair it should it fail for any reason. All hearing aids purchased from Yates & Suddell are covered by at least a two year warranty. If your hearing aid is out of warranty, or if you purchased it from elsewhere the price of repair starts at just £95, and we aim to get your hearing aid back to you in 10-14 days.